Tuesday, July 26, 2011

this is the beginning of it all



This is my very first blog post. I can't believe I have actually arrived in the blogosphere. Technically I don't think I can count this as having arrived since I have zero followers. But still that is not the point. Some day, some other mama, who is wanting to get her thoughts out there for someone to read and appreciate will sit down at her computer, find my blog and search for my very first entry. She will be inspired to put down words, turning them into thoughts, that hopefully will be meaningful and special to someone, thereby adding purpose to her life. Of course all us mamas, mommies, moms and mothers have one very important purpose: raising our children. But when there have been too many diapers and not enough quiet moments with a cup of tea or coffee, too many what doings? and not enough I know exactly what you means, that is when a mama can start to feel that her life has no meaning, that her purpose has become confused or perhaps too focused on one profound and too self-giving thing. We all need a place to be something other than the fulfiller of demands, the cleaner of messes, and the witness and arbitrator of tantrums. This is that place for me and I hope it can be that place for you too.

So, what is this place exactly?

Well, this is J'aime to blog. What? Let me explain. This is the start of my blog which will chronicle my journey as crafter, mother, budding urban homesteader and cook.

First and foremost, there is my New company , J'aime. This is a french word which translates to "I love". My goal is to eventually encompass all things I love and are marketable in the crafting world. I chose this name for two reasons: one being how the name could encompass all those things I love like J'aime to blog and Jaimetoemail@gmail.com. Also because my first name is Jamie. Different spelling I know, but during my first trip to Paris as a girl, I found myself surrounded by my name or a version of it in the form of key chains, t-shirt etc. They all said J'aime Paris. I asked my sister, who is much better with languages than I what this was all about and she translated for me. I found the knowledge that this version of my name in french meant "i love" or "to love" enchanting. Here I was a young hopeless romantic in the city of love and it was as if the city was unceasingly calling out to me. That experience has stuck with me all my life. It only seemed fitting to bring that bit of my past into the present and hopefully the future as well.

This little craft business of mine currently has only one J'aime.This is a childs snack trap that I have designed. It so far has been a much greater success with my daughters than the other similar products on the market. Want to know more? Check them out Here or email me at Jaimetoemail@gmail.com.

Second, third and fourth in priority are my roles as mother, budding farmer and cook. These are the things my life is centered around right now and the things I have much to say about. So stick around and find out if there is anything her that will make you say J'aime this blog!

Must stop there. I am being beckoned by the cries of precious one #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment